About Me

My photo
I am a Solitary Pagan mother of one. I started my path as a teen and have continued to learn and grow as I age. Now in my early thirties I finally start to feel as if I am finding myself. I am a modest, head covering (veiling) Pagan. Who recently just started this practices. I feel that I have finally really started to listen and hear the Gods and Goddesses call. Please remember there is no right path, just the path that is right for you. )0( Blessings

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pagan Prayer


(Prayer Art work copy written to Tracy Hughson)

Do Pagan's Pray??? I have been asked this question a few times and the simple answer is I pray and most Pagan's I know pray. Most people I know incorporate prayer into to there life some way or another. As for Pagan's some I know pray only during ritual, some I know pray daily, some on Sabbaths, some only when they feel they need to due to some circumstance. I pray for pretty much all of them. Now some people have a calling for a particular God or Goddess, or several so they have prayers based around there deities. As I have not had a particular pull to one deity or another some might wonder who I pray too?
   When I pray depending on how I am feeling I will pray to Dear Mother and Father, Lords and Ladies, or to the God's and Goddess's. My prayer ritual depends on time, mood and what I am praying for. I have a book of prayers that I bought that I use, but I also just at times say what is in my heart. There doesn't have to be a huge ritual around prayer. I do have an alter and at times I will sit in front of it meditating or praying for guidance. I also have prayer beads that I carry around with me that I use for prayer. I find for me it helps to bring into the moment and focus on what I am praying for. You don't necessarily need any of those things to pray. Some times bringing it right down to the bare bones and praying gives you strength you may need.
   What to pray for? Well lets see you can pray in times of need, or just when you want something. I find it nice to pray for the Earth, or just to give thanks. An evening prayer of thanks before you go to bed can some times just help you refocus and realize that yeah some good stuff did happen today. I also pray for those who request it, why should it matter who you are praying to? If a friend is in need and they ask for prayers I don't think they will care which God or Goddess you are praying to, just that you are praying for them.
  Praying can also help you feel closer to the energy that is the Gods, and Goddess's. It is not real important when you pray (unless it is a ritual with set up guidelines|) just that you find comfort in doing it. It should not feel like a chore.   

                                                              My Prayer Beads!

Websites with some prayers to get you started. Sometimes though the best thing to do is to go to google and type Pagan Prayers or Wiccan Prayers. There are a lot out there if you look. Plus you can be more specific such as Pagan Prayers for Strength or Prayers for Pagan Children. Have fun, and have a Blessed Day


The Wiccan Prayer Book  (This is the Prayer Book I own, it is a link to it on Goodreads.com so if you are interested you can get a little synopsis of the book.)
About.com Pagan Prayers for all occasions
Daily Wiccan Prayers
The Wiccan Way

No comments:

Post a Comment