About Me

My photo
I am a Solitary Pagan mother of one. I started my path as a teen and have continued to learn and grow as I age. Now in my early thirties I finally start to feel as if I am finding myself. I am a modest, head covering (veiling) Pagan. Who recently just started this practices. I feel that I have finally really started to listen and hear the Gods and Goddesses call. Please remember there is no right path, just the path that is right for you. )0( Blessings

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Spiritual Doubt



Ah doubt there you are again! Doubt is one thing everyone one experiences at some point in their lives. Whether doubt about a relationship, your abilities, or anything else in your life. Today I am going to talk about when doubts creep up in your Spirituality.
   So things seem to be running along smoothly enough, you have developed a rhythm so to speak in your spirituality. You are learning, reading, chatting. Then you let things slide a little maybe you stop praying, or stop doing rituals. Don't worry everyone is guilty of this even me. So time goes by and you start to think hmmm. Is this for me? What if I don't want to do full rituals for every Sabbat? What if I am not doing "something" the right way? Do the God's and Goddess really hear me? How come it doesn't feel like they are around me anymore?
  Well fear not!! Everyone on on the Journey will ponder, and doubt and wonder. It is all part of the learning experience. So what if you "fell of the spiritual wagon". You can just jump right back on. Lets start with the first question:
 Is this for me? This is a good question to meditate on. Everyone at some time asks this question. Maybe the question should not be is this for me?. Maybe the question should be is this the right Path for me? Maybe you were right into the Celtic Path, absorbing all the knowledge you could regarding the Celtic path. Then it feels like you hit a wall. My answer would be to mediate on this question and to start learning about other Path's such as Druid or Fairy. Maybe you will discover that one of these path's suit you more. Or maybe you are Eclectic and that is why just one path doesn't feel right. Journal, meditate and pray, pay attention to signs around you. The answer may come from the most unlikely place.

What if I don't want to do full rituals for every Sabbat?. The simple answer is you don't have to. Finding a way to acknowledge the Sabbats in a personal way is just fine. You don't have to do full rituals to let the God's and Goddess's know you are acknowledging them. Maybe decorate your alter with something that reminds you of that Sabbat. Have a special meal, share a special story, say a special prayer. Or just thank the God's and Goddess's for the turning of the wheel.

What if I am not doing "something" the right way? What is it you don't think you are doing the right way? Every path and every Pagan or Wiccan has a way of doing something. If you are worried that maybe you are not opening and closing the circle during ritual the right way, it is okay to have notes with you during ritual, especially if you are just starting out. No one has everything memorized. When setting up my alter I still double check from my Book Of Shadow's the Placement of candles, and elements.

Do the God's and Goddess's really hear me? The simple answer is yes they do. But maybe you should ask yourself do you hear them?

How come it doesn't feel like they are around me anymore? I will answer this with a question similar to the previous. Do you hear them? Are you paying attention? They are not some being in the sky who is never around. They are in everything in nature around you. Maybe go for a walk, and listen to the wind, the trees, the birds. Pay attention to the ever changing cycle of nature. Little by little you will notice things again.

I would say pay attention, slow down some. Life runs by so fast that we often loose touch with nature and the Spirit's with in nature. The God's and The Goddess's are often trying to show you something or lead you some way, but it is not likely to be a slap on your forehead. Maybe an image keeps popping up, maybe you keep meeting someone in your dreams. Don't worry you will find your way!

Have a Blessed Day
)0(



No comments:

Post a Comment