About Me

My photo
I am a Solitary Pagan mother of one. I started my path as a teen and have continued to learn and grow as I age. Now in my early thirties I finally start to feel as if I am finding myself. I am a modest, head covering (veiling) Pagan. Who recently just started this practices. I feel that I have finally really started to listen and hear the Gods and Goddesses call. Please remember there is no right path, just the path that is right for you. )0( Blessings

Friday, August 30, 2013

Never Stop Learning!



Like everything else in life you should never stop learning! This is true in Paganism as well, I believe you can never truly know everything there is to learn as the information out there is vast. Everyone has an opinion or a variation on a belief. Paganism is an umbrella term for many different earth paths, the only way you are ever going to learn which path is right for you is to never stop exploring. It is always okay to add to your knowledge, and to add new rituals. Paganism is a lot of things but defiantly not boring!
  When learning and exploring your are going to come across stuff that just is not going to sit right for you in your gut. That is okay you are not going to agree with everything. Then one day you will be reading something and you are going to feel it with every fiber of your being that is the right path for you. Your spirit will just know. Some people describe it as a feeling of coming home. It sounds cliche I know but the first time I discovered Paganism and Wicca that is exactly what it felt like. Every time I discover something new that adds to my knowledge you just know that this information is right for you.
   You are going to come across a lot of it "should be done this way", or "don't read that author". I say throw caution to the wind and read what ever you can get your hands on. Read about Paganism history, read about different paths, rituals, prayers, about the many deities, Sabbat's, and about Paganism in the news. Discover different web boards and facebook groups. Ask questions and remember just like any group of people you are going to run across people you just don't jive with, or people that just are not nice. Don't let that detour you from your journey. That's the great thing about Journey's they never truly end.

My Pagan Book shelf:
 I am always trying to add to it so as of the date this is written this is what I have. It is not a lot if you consider I bought my first book when I was a teenager. If you are going to buy a book try and wait for them to come on sale if you can. Your library will probably carry a selection of books on Wicca and Paganism, as well as other Earth Based Religions. A great resource as well is Good Reads here you can look up books, create bookshelves and read reviews on books before you buy them, or read them.

  • The Wicca Book of Days Legends and Lore for every day of the year By Gerina Dunwich
  • Wicca A guide for The Solitary Practitioner By Scott Cunningham
  • The Way of the Green Witch By Arin Murphy-Hiscock
  • Paganism: An introduction to Earth-Centered Religions By Joyce Higginbotham and River Higginbotham
  • The Wiccan's Dictionary of Prophecy and Omens By Gerina Dunwich
  • Goddess in my Pocket By Patricia Telesco
  • The Wicca Spellbook By Gerina Dunwich
  • Simple Wicca By Michele Morgan
  • Wicca Candle Magick by Gerina Dunwich
  • A Witches Bible The complete Witches' Handbook By Janet and Stewart Farrar
  • Yule A celebration of Light and Warmth By Dorothy Morrison
  • Candlemas Feast of Flames By Amber K and Azrael Arynn K
  • The Wiccan Prayer Book By



Have a blessed day  )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment