About Me

My photo
I am a Solitary Pagan mother of one. I started my path as a teen and have continued to learn and grow as I age. Now in my early thirties I finally start to feel as if I am finding myself. I am a modest, head covering (veiling) Pagan. Who recently just started this practices. I feel that I have finally really started to listen and hear the Gods and Goddesses call. Please remember there is no right path, just the path that is right for you. )0( Blessings

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

When your kids are sick/Turkey soup

Ah the inevitable first couple week of school illness has hit my house. It never seems to fail, every year. My daughter is home sick today. Sigh!!!! A trip to the clinic last night, an inhaler, a nasal spray, and antihistamines. My poor daughter has my immune system. So it is a chicken soup, turkey soup kind of day.


Recipe for Turkey/Chicken Soup

Boil turkey wings in water until cooked and meat start to fall off bone.
Strain Turkey and water. Make sure to keep the water it will be your broth.
Put broth back on stove.
Add to broth
Garlic I use a couple cloves, in a garlic press,
Celery,
Carrots,
frozen veggies
A can of chopped tomatoes
Use as much or as little as you like or any other veggies you would like.
Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer until all veggies are cooked.
Add, salt, pepper, and poultry spice to taste.
Once the turkey wings have cooled enough to handle pull off all meat from bones cut into bite size pieces, add back into broth.
Leave all this to simmer for a while until all is cooked, and and the broth is infused.
Add noodles, any kind you like, I add alphabet soup noodles when making this soup for my daughter. Once noodles are cooked soup is ready!!!

Other ways to help sick kids:
                              Warm shower, let the bathroom fill with steam and get them to stay in there as long as possible. The steam will help clear out there chest.
                               Herbal Tea if you can get your child to drink it, herbal tea such as chamomile or caffeine free Green tea and honey.
                               Vick's Vapor Rub smells gross but works wonders.
                                Rest, rest, rest this is the one time that I throw on movies or cartoons all day and get her to rest on the couch with out saying enough t.v.
                                Water, water is good for you anyways but double good for you when you are sick.
Last but not least
Hugs, cuddles, and love

Have a blessed day
)0( 

             

No comments:

Post a Comment