About Me

My photo
I am a Solitary Pagan mother of one. I started my path as a teen and have continued to learn and grow as I age. Now in my early thirties I finally start to feel as if I am finding myself. I am a modest, head covering (veiling) Pagan. Who recently just started this practices. I feel that I have finally really started to listen and hear the Gods and Goddesses call. Please remember there is no right path, just the path that is right for you. )0( Blessings

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Keeping Spirituality in your everyday life!



Sorry about there being no post yesterday, with it being the first day of school things were a little crazy around here. Now that the first day is out of the way, I thought I would post on how to keep spirituality in yours and your childs everyday life. I know between work, family, school, homework, that being spiritual can get put a little on the back burner. I know it happened to me yesterday! So I thought now is a good refresher for me as well.

    One of the simplest ways is prayer. I know I have talked about prayer in a previous post, but it really is one of the simplest ways to keep spirituality alive. You can pray before meals, or pray before bed. Speaking of meals try and eat as a family. Give everyone a chance to talk about there day and maybe something spiritual happened to them, or they saw something that reminded them of the deities. My daughter saw a raven yesterday and told me it was magical. We also give everyone a chance to talk about what their best part of the day was, and their worst part.
    Go for a walk as a family, I walk my daughter to and from school everyday, so on our walks she chats to me about stuff going on in her life. We also get a good chance to pay attention to the changing season's.
     Try and pay attention to the moon cycles even if it is as simple as pointing out the waxing, full and waning moon cycles.
      Give thanks, or keep a Gratitude journal. This is a practice I have started and it is a good chance at the end of the day to write down what you are gratefully for, and not focus on negativity before bed.
     I get that things get busy and there are loads of stresses in life. I have a habit of negative thinking and only focusing on the negativity I have done this for years, and missed out on the little things. Then one day you wake up and realize that life is passing you buy.
      One more thing keep talking to your kids, be quiet and listen to them, because if you don't listen to the stuff that seems "non-important" to you, they aren't going to come to you with the "big" stuff!! Not really related to the topic of keeping spirituality going in your day to day life. But probably more important.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" ~ John Lennon

Have a Blessed Day
)0(


      

No comments:

Post a Comment